Planewalker Updates 10/29/2004

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clueless's picture
Webmonkey

Planewalker welcomes back an old but good site! We have our Cutters again under new management. Following the format and style of the Planescape supplement Faces of Sigil - our new Cutters section will be giving an updated view of the old NPCs of Planescape, and new NPCs for your campaigns. Enzo Sarlas is managing this section, and is taking submissions through the My Planewalker submission system! So please, drop on by and take a look at what we're up to.

Enzo Sarlas's picture
Namer

Yup, Cutters is officially opening its doors. You may have poked around Cutters in the past couple of weeks, but head over and take a good look around.

In The Golden Lords, you'll find Shemeska the Marauder and Jeremo the Natterer. Jeremo also appears in Factioneers as Sigil's only resident Factol, alongside Barking Wilder, who is considered by many to be the Cage's most famous Xaositect. Shops 'n' Services presents the irrepressible Seamusxanthuszenus, Slayer of Fiends, Merchant Most Excellent, and Purveyor of Death! In Cage Rattlers, you'll learn of the insidious Us, and the treacherous Rule-of-Three. Finally, Bashers presents submitted NPCs, starting with the lovely and talented Box-in-Bloom; one of several modron outcasts starring in I, Modron.

Want to hear something really scary? We've got a plan over at Cutters. An honest-to-goddness, real-life Plan. Next up, I'll be releasing the first of a special set of full-colour pdfs for some of the setting's most famous cutters. As more of the iconic NPCs are posted at cutters, pdfs will be produced for those as well. After that, we'll launch Ties That Bind. In keeping with the spirit of Uncaged: Faces of Sigil, we will endeavour to link together as many of the cutters as possible through intrigues and story lines.

Want to see your NPCs posted to Cutters? We're now accepting submissions through My Planewalker.

Krypter's picture
factotums

Nice work on that, Enzo. It's gratifying to see that someone still has some love for modrons too. Will you be getting permission to reprint some of DiTerlizzi's artwork, or will someone new fill those shoes?

Enzo Sarlas's picture
Namer

Thanks, Krypter. Box-in-Bloom is an idea that I've carried around in my head for about four years, waiting patiently for the right opportunity to emerge. I, Modron was the perfect chance, and I figured since I'd already done all the writing and statting, I might as well make her the first Basher on Cutters.

The artwork issue is kinda tricky. I'm sure that the occasional appearance of one of Tony's pictures wouldn't cause a fuss, but if we plaster them all over the site, it might be an problem. We are looking for creative and talented folks to bring the site to life with artwork.

Primus, the One and Prime's picture
factotums

I've always volunteered my abilties for use as an artist if such a thing is needed.

Blitz's picture
Namer

well... yes, i love those pesky Modrons... And, dear Boris is busily working on some new Modron art, because we are going to do some big modron stuff on Codex very soon! (Primus, check out the PM I sent you for more info.)

Blitz

Enzo Sarlas's picture
Namer

[ponders a group portrait of canon cutters from Faces... all drawn as chibis]

Hmm... that might just work!

"Primus, the One and Prime" wrote:
I've always volunteered my abilties for use as an artist if such a thing is needed.

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.