NaNoWriMo 2012

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
atomicb's picture
Namer
NaNoWriMo 2012

November is quickly approaching and I'll be taking swing at this as I have in the past several years. I know there's been some semi-organized Planewalker participation in this in the past and perhaps some others are interested in writing their brains out this year. So consider this a spot for discussion, commiseration, etc...

atomicb's picture
Namer
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012

Sorry - if the above makes no sense at all: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Wicke's picture
factotums

I should try writing up something involving Nim. She's just a fun character to set loose in places and situations. All I'd need is some kind of situation for her to be unleashed on...

sciborg2's picture
Factol

Wicke, I'd love to see some Nim stories of greater (novel/novella) length!

One thing people should keep in mind is I think there are legal limits to how much of a work you can post on a public site before it becomes unpublishable.

Obviously giving each other encouragement and shopping around for readers over email and such is still a good thing for us to do.

Hmmm, I should probably use this NanoWri to make headway in Blade of Innocence...

Health Resources: Register family with 911 services, so providers will have info prior to emergency/disaster. Also mental health info & hotlines, articles, treatment assistance options, prescription assistance, special needs registries, legal aid, and more!

atomicb's picture
Namer

Wicke wrote:
I should try writing up something involving Nim. She's just a fun character to set loose in places and situations. All I'd need is some kind of situation for her to be unleashed on...

That would be great. Similarly, I've been thinking about using a setting from the Parallel Multiverses thread - it's simply a matter of figuring out some kind of actual story. Last year I just started writing with literally nothing in mind and ended up with a lot of slightly-embarrasing-in-retrospect autobiographical material about frustration in wizard grad school and one good scene about tubing down a river on druid peyote before the whole thing dragged to a halt for lack of a plot. So I'm shooting for an outline this month that I can tear into come November.

atomicb's picture
Namer

edited - multipost...

atomicb's picture
Namer

edited - multipost...

atomicb's picture
Namer

edited - multipost...

atomicb's picture
Namer

Apologies for the posting barrage above...

Quote:
Hmmm, I should probably use this NanoWri to make headway in Blade of Innocence...

And there is also the issue of what in the world Count M is up to!

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.