I need help with 100 recorder stones

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yaeri's picture
Namer

I haven't read these last few ones yet. I wanted to reply first to tell we've hit the quota. Three have been posted here, one more on the Wizards site, and another one has been pm'd. So we ended up at 103. Laughing out loud

I want to thank you all again for your contributions. There are a lot of beauties among them. Smiling

Oh, and when I read the other self, I guessed it was some sort of fey, strangely enough, with an undead feel to it. The last part of the burden was really intriguing and left me wondering what it actually was. But it's nice to leave some things to the imagination.

And now I'm going to read these last few masterpieces. Eye-wink

Kestral's picture
Namer

Just to add another to the collection: (this one may not be usable in all campaigns. YMMV.)

Truth and lies

You're standing out on a street corner in Sigil, watching the greybeards expound on their philosophy of the moment, talking with a man who seems somewhat agitated.

He says: "It was all screed you know. The rag's exclusive interview with the Fiend wasn't real. It was made up on the spot. How do I know? I wrote it."

"So you're saying it was all a lie? But the interview felt so REAL! Like I was finally getting an answer from him! I've never gotten the Fiend to lann me on why he left! And I've tried ever since I came to the Cage! Thanks..."

You shake your head in a quiet expression of despair.

"I suppose I should make it up to you then. You know, it isn't all lies.. Some of it's true."

"What?"

You feel suddenly hopeful.

"Whatever portion of it you want to be. He'll never say any different."

"So what you're saying is there's no difference between the truth and a lie?"

"Yeh, you got it. That's the mystery of the Planes. Sometimes, the only difference between the truth and a lie is that we call true is simply what we believe in..."

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.