Hi. I want to compile a list of differences between material in Fifth Edition and Planescape lore (or earlier lore, for that matter). Anyone is welcome to contribute!
- Tieflings are defined as Devil-origin only.
- Eladrin are defined as a type of elf.
- The layer ruled by Glasya is back to its original form, not the mutated Hag-Countess form.
- Moloch is an imp (part-time) rather than dead, and is said to be able to enter Sigil, despite being an Archdevil (abeit deposed).
- Geyron is alive and not a vestige.
- Yugoloths have been given a new origin.
- "Oinoloth" now refers to a type of Yugoloth, not a single individual.
- Zariel has taken control of Avernus and is statted up for (I believe) the first time - and is massively powerful, on a par with Demogorgon and Orcus!
- Maruts are said to be able to teleport themselves and captives into Sigil onto a teleportation circle inside a new building, the Hall of Concordance (!!!)
- Retrievers are now defined as Drow creations used to capture demons to serve them.