Just some quick, flavorful scenes that a party might encounter while crossing the planes.
- The party comes across a great battlefield, filled with thousands of soldiers fighting. On a distant hill, the party can see the silhouette of a titanic figure/Power watching the battle take place. Despite any care they might take to remain hidden, after a point, everybody becomes aware that they're being watched by that figure. A thought of "Not Yet" passes through their minds before the figure's attention turns back to the battle.
- The party encounters a field filled with row after row of soldiers standing perfectly still. If approached, they respond with "We await the judgement of Gond" (or some other name), and they begin reciting the time, place and circumstances of their death (who they were fighting and how much hatred they felt towards their enemy). If the party returns to the site later, all the figures are gone.
- A group of horsemen rides through the party, bowling them over. They can be heard laughing afterwards. (Works better if the party is on foot).
- An endless line of marching soldiers bars the party's progress. Any attempt to fight their way past will have a handful of soldiers drop out to fight, but will not stop the marching. The party must navigate past by some other method. If wanted, as an added insult, once the party makes it past, the last soldier marches past and the way is clear.
- A lost standard bearer attaches himself to the party, not wanting to be thought of as a deserter. He doesn't know where the rest of own group is.
Please, add to this list, whether for Acheron or other planes!